Saturday (7/21/12) was a first for me, after a little planning I was off to Jenkinson lake , Pollock Pines, Cali. Had the pleasure of having a friend join me and she did great paddling for her first time.
Rating – 8/10 Kayaks
- Water clarity – Not so much – even after a mask & fins it was hard to the see the bottom most of the way. .
- Entry / Exit – this was a normal boat dock entry, therefore it was a little more rushed than normal and was a unload, drive up the hill, park and walk back thru a nice dirt trail. The walk was pretty cool, however highly recommend that you wear a better shoe than a sandal.
- Environment – very peaceful place, not a lot of boats, most folks were nice..
- Company – Met a new friend for this trip and it was great. She was a team player, positive energy and overall made the trip great.
- Weather – AMAZING in Pollock Pines.. so so great. 11AM launch, time of day was perfect.
- Cost – $10.. it’s EID so no Poppy Pass helps here.. so bring cash or hit the store across the street or off the freeway if you are coming this way.
- Water Level – Amazing.. looked full. Only rocks that we hit were when we went way up into one of the coves and then we grounded out for a bit.
- What the specific gear was – 2 Ocean kayak – Malibu XL’s (3 person).