I was recently asked about pulling together a gear list, therefore after going through a few versions of the list I believe this is the best as of today. Please send me ideas on what else to add.
Purpose: SUP Gear List for a few sessions
- Board / Paddle / Leash
- Deck bag – “dry bag w/ backpack straps” (backpack straps are key here for getting into good spots & carrying it on your back)
- Phone & Key holder (cases – pelican or equivalent)
- Life jacket or belt jacket (PFD)
- Locking roof rack straps (to lock board overnight or during a meal)
- Bluetooth speaker / waterproof – preferably something light
- Screwdriver – to tighten fin if it loosens up
- Anchor ( optional ) if you are going to park it in the water & swim or snorkel around
- Belt for Water bottle – ex: camelback belt – ease of access to water and you can keep paddling.
- Straps to carry board for those long walk ins or if you have to park back from a long ramp
- Water bottles
I’m sure i will come back to this and add more, however for starters here it is.. Next time I’m out I’ll take a picture of my gear w/ their respective brand names.
ENJOY the WATER.